Friday, November 21, 2008

Tired, full and a good samaritan

Today I made a trip to the cities to meet up with my pal Kim. We had a wonderful lunch at Twin Cities Grill - shared stories - had wonderful conversation - felt like we had known each other forever.


Then we took a walk to the theater (which was located on the way other side of the Mall [of America]) and purchased VIP tickets to "Twilight". A rockin good movie that ended with you wanting more.


If you live in the cities and have access to MOA, I highly recommend VIP tickets. For a few dollars more, you are allowed the luxury of reclining, wide seated, comfortable high back rocker seats. Tables and raised arms at every second seat, and WAIT STAFF who take your order, and deliver it with a smile on a cute little compartmentalized tray that fits in the cup holder - right within reach yet without the butter stains on your lap!!!


If you need to use the restroom? Well they are there to guide you on your way. After the film, they ask you if you enjoyed yourself, and get this, actually thank you for coming!!! In the evenings after 6 you are also welcome to purchase adult beverages (rather high priced, but the novelty may be worth it).


The only thing we decided was that they needed foot rests and blankets, but then again, we never asked, so maybe they had'em!


Driving in the dark was mesmerizing. There was a deer laying in one of the lanes of traffic on my way home. I almost hit it - living out on the prairie we don't exactly have street lights on the highway. Luckily I was successfully avoiding dozing off and saw it just before impact. The car behind me was merging over from the other lane, so I was worried they would hit it. I saw them swerve from my rear view, and decided that it was emergent enough of a situation to call 9-1-1. It is a little disconcerting, yet also comforting to know that by the time they answered they had already locked in my signal and knew exactly where I was. Of course I hadn't stopped, so I had to explain in some detail where exactly said carcass was. But they ensured me a squad car was on its way to clear the debris.


All in all it was an awesome trip back up to my old stomping grounds. Kim is a delight - she is exactly as I expected. Charming, funny and full of life. I can't wait until we can do it again!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus