Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bring it on!

I heart Thanksgiving dinner for one reason and one reason only... ok, two reasons. Wait, three reasons...

1. The desserts! I love love love pumpkin pie! I could eat it until I am green. And I make an awesome banana split dessert that I bring to holiday parties galore yo! (and at home in between because it is soooooo tasty)!

2. Scalloped corn. You have not had good scalloped corn until you have had my aunt's scalloped corn. It is made from the sweetest of sweet home grown sweet corn from my uncles farm. I could eat nothing but scalloped corn, and I will get all kinds of it on Thursday!!!

3. Stuffing. There is nothing like stuffing from the bird. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. Its like ice cream to my palette. Oh baby, come to mama!

The rest of it - meh. Could do without the bird, the potato's and the green bean casserole. Give me the good stuff and I will always come back for more!

So do you want a really good frozen dessert? I am willing to share. If you send me some tasty pumpkin pie!!!


Banana Split Dessert:

3 Banana's sliced no thicker than 1/2" thick the short way (circles people, circles)
1 Jar Chocolate Fudge (ice cream topping, must be fudge)
1 1/2 gallon block of Neapolitan ice cream
1 16 oz extra creamy Cool Whip
Graham Cracker Crust

Works best in a 10" spring form pan, but can be made in a high sided cake pan.

Make your favorite graham cracker crust (is really good with a pretzel crust too).

Layer the crust in the bottom of the spring form or cake pan. Layer banana's. Open carton of ice cream completely so the whole block is exposed. Slice ice cream in 3" thick slices (2" if you are using a rectangular cake pan). Layer the ice cream over banana's, and press into shape of pan (this part is messy). Layer chocolate fudge over ice cream (if you can freeze the dessert overnight, then slightly warm the fudge so it spreads easier). Layer cool whip over the top of the dessert.

Freeze in very cold freezer for at least 6 hours. The ice cream will start to melt while you are preparing the dessert, so the longer you can re-freeze it, the better for cutting and serving.

I drizzle chocolate syrup over the slices before serving for added pretty (and taste you know...).

Warning, this is addictive, and it is easy to over eat it - just don't hate me if you eat the whole thing!

What is your favorite part of the meal?
blog comments powered by Disqus