Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me Monday

Its time for another installment of therapy confession things I didn't do this past week.


Join me in MckMama's Blog Carnival of revelation to the things that maybe you did, maybe you didn't do. Its great therapy, its fun, and best of all, you find out you are not the only one that didn't do anything!


Last week went fast. I did not feel great the beginning of the week, but I finally did get my pain medication under control and was able to function quite well by Thursday. But it was touch and go for a couple of days...

I did not over sleep on Monday. And I did not take the kids once again, in my pajama's, literally crawling out of bed and getting into the car.

I did not go home at lunch and take a nap either. Because that would mean I did not have my pain meds under control. And I am always in control!

I did not purposefully schedule appointments at 9 am to guarantee making it to work on time.

I did not go to a meeting in another town on Tuesday, driving in pain the entire time when I should have stayed home. I did not then calculate the amount of time I would be at the meeting, discover it would be enough time, and then take a Torodol the second I sat down at my spot. I certainly did not yawn through the entire meeting. I would not do that because as Vice President of the Board, I need to keep my wits about me.

During that same meeting, I did not rush through my turn to share in order to end it early. I did not because it did not mean I would be back in town 2 hours early, and therefore would allow me some time to sneak home and take a nap before my next appointment. I did not do it.

Wednesday I did not tell my assistant to take the afternoon off to go shopping for a new winter coat because I wanted her out of my hair to take an afternoon off, but rather because she had worked extra hours for me a few weeks before while I was home ill.

I did not go home on Wednesday, rinse and repeat Monday and Tuesday. Because again, that would mean that I was not in control of my medication.

Thursday I did not leave my office at all so that I would avoid sleeping for the 4th day in a row. Its just not good for a girls mojo to have to depend on naps in the middle of the day.

Whoa, do you see a theme here? YOWZA's!

I did not get all up in the face of a fellow Board Member of the club when she insisted we lower our ticket price for live entertainment. I did not tell her that until she started to actually participate in, and be a part of the events we have going on at the club, and until she starts doing her part for publicity, her opinion meant nothing to me. If it were not for the fact that she is extremely opinionated hard to work with too busy - there really is not a positive word for what she is, so take your pick... I would have gone easier on her.

I did not try to resign my position on the Board after the conversation, only to be told that the rest of the Board needed me.

I did not then have a biotch session with the entertainment coordinator via email about her afterward. I would not do that - although he would! (bwahahahahahaha)

I did not have a blast on Friday when I went to the cities. I did not enjoy lunch, the company was miserable, and I did not at all like the movie!

And if you believe that, have I got a bridge for you!!

I did not however go to round two of Turkey Bingo. Just couldn't do it. Maybe Jim and Mantha will get lucky tonight. Jadon however was too tired (aka didn't want to eat what I made for dinner, so asked if he could go to bed instead).

I hope you had a great week not doing anything, and here is to a short week of not doing even less!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because several of you asked me to post the article with Mantha's essay, I will post it today - but will remove the link by Wednesday. Again, its a lot of information to "put out there", but as a proud momma, I will share with you my friends!

http://stjamesnews.com/articles/2008/11/19/news/news10.txt

blog comments powered by Disqus