Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lend me an Ear

I was honored last night with an award that is really cool. Cool because Barbara from Writing From The Inside Out gave it to me, and cool because it is Van Gogh's ear. His art intrigues me. His life was tragic, yet interesting.




Its kind of hairy and not too pretty, but the message and purpose is cool!

Here is the story behind the award:

This is the Van Gogh's Ear Award as created by Roger of Idaho Photo.

This is what he wrote about the Van Gogh's Ear Award:"Every year I like to make up a award and hand it out to people that make a difference in the blogsphere. I like to make it an award for all to enjoy and pass out if one so wants to, I just ask if your going to give it out to link back to me as the creator of the Van Gogh's Ear Award.

"Inspiration of the Van Gogh's Ear Award":

You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of fou roux ("the redheaded madman"). The most bazaar of Vincent's behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully". After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890 he was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless. "The point of this award" We are all artist in are own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes.



I can choose to pass it on. I was thinking about who... And then it hit me:


Art: Hilary at "a look into our lives" (ok, not because she is an artist per sey, but if you read todays entry, you will see that she can find art in the simplist things... even in wedgies)


Photography: Heidi at "minnesota mom" (she is a photographer, a great mom, and an inspiration!)


Writing: Andrew at "andrewscottturner" (he is a writer, and at times can be found shamelessly plugging his published and soon to be books - he is worth the read). Fad at "for a different kind of girl" and Miz Picket at "post picket fence" (both are former writers by trade, and both are incredibly talented - neither likes awards, but I want you to check them out, so I like to stick them in these awards whenever possible!)


Comedy: Bitchy's mom at "I need a martini mom" (you have to read her kindergarten antics, and all about teenage angst - you will leave her site in tears!)


Blogging: Mary Ellen at "adopting m.e." (she is new to blogging, so she deserves to hear what a great job she is doing! She has had some major turns of events in her life in just the past few days so check her out, and say hi!)


Crazy: my Pally Kim at "lifeafter" (she isn't crazy, but because she insists she is, well, we just let her believe it - shhhh, don't tell her she isn't, she may get a complex!)
Notice that I skipped philosophy? Well I wasn't feeling that one, so I skipped it.
Thanks again Barbara!
blog comments powered by Disqus