Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thank you, POMAD and PT

Thank you so much for your kind words the other day. Some great perspective was shared, and I was really glad to hear I am not the only mom that fights with their kids.

Jim and I had a huge blow out yesterday afternoon before the kids got home - specifically about how he needs to stop placing me in the middle of situations I shouldn't be in. I will not stand any longer for his berating her when he doesn't like how she has done something - I reminded him that she is only 11, and also expressed her concern that he didn't want her here with us. My biggest fear is that she will change her mind and ask to go live with her dad. It would kill me. I told him that I think she and I fight so much because she is trying to see whose side I am going to take.

So far, the last two evenings have been a little more peaceful. Fingers crossed it isn't temporary!


---------------------------------------------------------


I finally have my jewelry blog up and running. Mind you, I only have 5 pieces posted so far.


My battery is dead on my camera, so hopefully I will have more in the next few days.


I have a friend who is going to school for photography and she asked if she could use my pieces (28 and counting) as her stills for a "product" project. Hopefully I will get her to take some before the end of the weekend and I can fill my blog with fun stuff to sell!


If you are so inclined, pop over and let me know what you think!


I had someone email me last winter when I first posted some of my pieces why I named my "business" POMAD. It stands for Pieces of Me Artistic Designs. I have used the name since 2003 when I started making Relay For Life "Hope" bracelets. I needed something to put on the checking account that I used for the purchases that were donated. Pieces of Me was in homage to my mother for whom I started making the bracelets in memory of. I was giving a piece of me to her memory everytime I made a bracelet.


A friend of mine owns a gift shop and has offered to sell some of my pieces on consignment, but I am not sure that I should go that route - what if it doesn't sell? I have sold several items on Ebay and Etsy, but paying listing and then not have something sells is a bummer. So I am going to try this for a while. Maybe it will take off, maybe it won't. If it doesn't, it just means I have more fun stuff to wear!!!


I am not as good at making things on demand as I am making them when an idea comes to me. A few years ago I got referrals for weddings (4 in one summer) and I got so bogged down that I couldn't keep up. Word of mouth is wonderful, yet scary at the same time. It has been a year since I have done a wedding, so I am hoping maybe in 2009 I will get two or three. Its nice to have that extra coin to buy more supplies!



---------------------------------------------------------

I hosted a Marketing Class this evening that was held by a regional foundation for my business members. This time I asked several other local Chambers to spread the word to their members. Several people came from other communities which is exciting, because many of them also do business in my small town, so they could be potential new members for me.


But even better than that... I sat across the table from a new Physical Therapist who just moved into the small town next to my slightly bigger town. The best part is, she does less manual manipulation and more excercise training. She takes my insurance, so now I just need to have my old PT sign off on my care so insurance will allow me to change clinics. I am sure he won't mind. I have been telling him that I don't feel like I can do manual manipulation much longer as makes my Fibromyalgia flare severely. This then makes it hard to find relief in my back which is the whole reason I am going.


Wish me luck! I have a feeling with my schedule, and the referral and insurance junk it will be next month before I get to start, but it will be worth the wait!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus