Monday, December 29, 2008

5 days with no internet - and wine


You should try it sometime. Wine kills the jonesing fairly quickly, and the conversation you drum up - OH the conversation!

I had a very pleasant 5 days with no internet!

I had more conversations with real live people face to face than I have had in a long time. It made me long for the good ol'days when the only way to chat was face to face!

I consumed more wine this past week than I have in ages. But it was all in good company, and I found some new favorites, and a few I would prefer never be bottled again! I even tested a bottle I had in my kitchen far too long - apparently opened quite a while ago - because it was more of a vinegar than a Merlot!

I found a bottle that stood a little over 3' tall - in a beautiful cobalt bottle, that was a German Reisling. We dubbed it "Ricola" and consumed the entire thing in less than the first sitting at dinner!

Memories spilled during the visit(s) - OH the memories! We celebrated 20 years with this lil darlin':


we even let her "win" almost every round of Catch Phrase (even though clearly she did not!).

We exchanged a few gifts - but in no rush - just a few here and there.

The kids had a blast playing the Wii at will this weekend - with very little bickering.

There was far way too much mom..., mom, um mom, mom, mom, mommy, mom, m-oooooo-m, mom, ma, mom, mom, momma, hey mom, mom, yo mom, mom, mom, mom?, mom, mom!, ma-am, mom, mom *&$#, mom!?!?!?! And my personal favorite, "why mom?".

One cute 6 year old with his middle finger waving in the air at his sister. One adorable yet highly irritable 11 year old prancing around swinging her hips and tossing her hair like a super model with the attitude of a pms'ing teenager, and the attention span of...

Wait... what was I talking about?

But that was only because they wanted to shower me with love and devotion for the godess mother that I am, and not because they needed something.

Well, one could only hope!

Hope you had a wonderful Holiday with your family!

If I disappear this weekend, you can almost guarantee where I am - because round two begins on Wednesday! If only I could convince my husband it would be a great time!

blog comments powered by Disqus