We went to Jadon's appointment this afternoon, and after many discussions about the need to have blood drawn, I explained to Dr. Amechi that if we could wait a week we would be indebted to her. She agreed! There was no discussion at all about why that wouldn't be wise. She agreed that even a lower then normal count would not facilitate change in Jadon's care, and that he has been through enough already, so one week wouldn't matter.
You should have seen the smile on his face, and heard the under his breath "woohoo" as we walked out the door in the opposite direction of the lab!
Thank you Dr. Amechi!!!
2 hours ago