Friday, July 11, 2008

Im just sayin'

This is my opinion. It may not be yours, but it is mine. And since this is my blog and not yours, I get to say what I want to say. If you want to share your opinion and it is not the same as mine, that is fine, because you too are free to speak as you wish, and have opinions as you wish.


That being said...


I am not a make up artist, and I am not a fashionista. But there are a few things that I dont understand about make up and fashion:


1. White eye shadow: There are some people who wear it well (my little "sister" Cricket is one of them). Most young women (under 30-ish) seem to understand how to properly apply it. These same young women are usually not yet burdoned with crows feet and thining brows. Ladies, when you are drying up and getting wrinkled up there, please, move on to darker shades, and maybe not so high on the brow. I am from the school that eye shadow should "shadow" your eye. That doesnt mean the way I wear makeup is the right way by any means, but just like with clothes, white shows the flaws - darker colors mask or avert your eyes from them. Im just sayin...


2. Gloppy thick clumpy mascara: If you arent getting the desired effect from your mascara, dont add more. It wont fix the problem. Try a different kind. Find a formulation that provides the desired look for you. But dont keep glopping it on. Tammy Fae was not a trend setter people. She was not one to model your look after. Clean, natural, long/thick (whatever you are going for) lashes are what is in. Hell, even fakes are in. If you want outrageous go for the feathered or blinged up fakey's, but put down the old dried up clumpy flaky tube. Again, just sayin...


3. Skin tight jeans that show your crack: I know low ridin is the trend. It doesnt work for my fat ars, so I avoid the trend. There are many ladies and young girls out there that need some windex and some papertowels to clean their mirrors off with. Saddle bags, pouches and butts are not attractive when they are cliff hanging over a pair of high (or low) fashioned jeans. I will say it all day long...


Pa-lease... I have small kids, dont ruin their eyesight so early.

4. Flip flops and cracked heels: Need I say more? There is this modern miracle called lotion. Give it a shot. And if you are really trying to impress, try my personal favorite, the Ped Egg. Dont believe that it works? Ask my friend Fad, she knows. She loves its parmesan grating, smooth as silk making, sexy feet creating little self almost as much as I do.

I know, my opinion sucks, but its mine and I like it! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus