Sunday, March 29, 2009

UPDATED Prayer request for Stellan

HAPPY 5 MONTH BIRTHDAY STELLAN!







UPDATED:


Rather than start a new request I am going to update this one.



This is taken directly from Jennifer (MckMama's) blog this afternoon (Sunday):



"Stellan's heart is still in SVT, and his heart function is slipping away. He is not perfusing to his extremities well anymore at all. At times, his pulse cannot even be felt in his feet whatsoever. He is pale, extremely irritable, and his mother is trying hard to keep from being a sobbing, wretched mess in front of him. I had two dreams last night about being trapped in different buildings; it's no secret to say I feel trapped in our current, extremely uncertain circumstances."



My heart breaks every time I read her words. EVERY TIME. I cannot imagine sitting in her shoes. I do not want to imagine it. So I will continue to do what I can: prayer, support, and spreading the word so others can pray as well.



On a lighter note, the Stellan Name Gallery has started up again in full force! If you read my blog last summer, it all started here, and has continued to grow. If you are so inclined to share your support and want to send your own "Stellan" to Jennifer to help boost her spirits, please feel free to do so, and email it here. If you send her one, let me know! I would love to see them!



Jadon jumped on the bandwagon in August and came up with this idea (with Mom's help of course):


Then had his friends at Daycare do on too:


Last night while daddy was away, he asked if we could make a Stellan Mii:

So we did. He is a really good fisherbaby, and can race a mean cow in Scarecrow Tipping (we don't know what it is really called, it is one of the skills games).


ORIGINAL POST:

I am really sorry that I don't get here for much else, but if I can use my blog to help my friend, then that is what I will do!

Stellan is in big trouble friends!

The following Tweets came via text (and on her blog) from Jennifer this morning:

Stellan is NPO until 10 am and then will get put a j tube in. It's like a central line. Goes into his heart from his neck. There is the risk of infection, but there is little chance they'll get a PICC line in because Stellan's heart is no longer pumping blood well to his extremities. His veins there are not full of blood, so PICC lines and iv's can't get in there. We'll find out after the procedure what line they got in: PICC, J or central. We have also begun the process of getting a second opinion from the university hospital about all this.


HE NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS!!! I know alot of you who read here have strong faith. Even if you don't believe in God, I am not asking you to change your beliefs, just please, think healing thoughts for Stellan, and guidance for his doctors. This is a 5 month old baby, he needs us!


Thank you again in advance for your prayers (and thoughts). This family means a lot to me personally, and I really hope that this little bit can help!


Click here for the most recent post today titled "the post that is not titled 'pissed'" - if you know Jennifer/MckMama at all, you know that saying "pissed" means she is ROYALLY PISSED, because "crap" is about as bad as it gets with her. I wouldn't be surprised it she totally breaks out a new tool box of profanity. In case she doesn't I have been sure to cover it for her! If you look at her blog you will see her Twitters are on the middle left side bar.

THANK YOU FOR PRAYING FOR STELLAN!!!


BTW, for purposes of making this real for everyone, I will not be using MckMama in my posts until Stellan is better! I think Jennifer would appreciate prayers for her by name as well!
blog comments powered by Disqus