Friday, August 1, 2008

I like pink

But this may taking it to the extreme.


I have to give props to the lady who drives this (of course when in the sun my camera will not capture the true color - we tried 4 or 5 times).

We looked up her business when we got back to the hotel. We are 99% sure this is who we saw get out of said spectical. I have decided that were we to move back to the Cities, she may just get our business, you know, because she is brave enough to drive a hot pink car! :)

On a sad note...

Today is the one year anniversary of the 35W bridge collapse. We don't live up here any longer, but I grew up in the cities, and travelled that section frequently throughout my life.

I was remembering that day as we arrived, and remembered the panic I felt when my friend Dayna called me from CA to ask if we were watching the news (which we were not). I called everyone I could think of, especially those who worked downtown to be sure they arrived home safely.

That same day, my step father Bruce had heart surgery at the hospital that most of the victims were being rushed to. We lost him a few months later.

We wish peace for those who fell victim, and for their families.



blog comments powered by Disqus