Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wouldn't it be nice if we all smiled at once?

If all the world put down their guns and their hard feelings, put away their anger and self loathing and smiled - just for one moment - all at the same time...

Wouldn't it be nice?

Wouldn't it be nice if just once when my husband was asked to do something he didn't want to do he would consider the person asking. Maybe they didn't want to ask. Maybe they knew he would get mad. Maybe they actually hated asking because they knew it wasn't fair. But still they had to because it was their job, and well, it was his too. So wouldn't it be nice if just once I didn't receive a phone call telling me how he "can't sit" because they "got him up his wazoo" again (insert your form of foul thoughts and language - I have to play it safe - my 10 year old might read my blog!).

In my nature of *trying* to find the positive in most things, I asked him if the next time they asked him to "go off the clock and onto percentage" (which means a huge cut in the pay for those days) for one run, that he do it without complaint. That he remember the motto I try to live by:

"One negative comment will last longer and spread faster than one positive comment"

Because this winter when justifiably he will have reason to complain for the lack of work, I will remind him that his negative attitude this summer is the reason for the theirs this winter.

And he still won't understand. Because he thinks I am wrong and that they have it out for him. And I "just don't understand how it is".

Oh but honey I do. Remember what I do for a living?

And you have the benny's, so please, don't lose the job!
blog comments powered by Disqus