Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Am I crabby?

Or are "they" just really irritating?

I work in a position where I get a lot of really C-A-R-A-Z-Y phone calls!

I am apparently easily confused with Knox Answer Booth, or City Complaint Central, and in some rare cases, as someone who cares!

For instance, last winter...

Little old lady:
I need you to come shovel out the end of my driveway for me!

Me:
I am sorry ma'am, I think you have the wrong number!

Little old lady:
Well aren't you the one who orders the plows to plow my street?

Me:
No, depending on where you live, that would either be the City or County Highway Department.

Little old lady:
Well you work for the City, so I need you to come remove the snow that you left in front of my driveway.

Me:
Ma'am I am very sorry for the confusion, I actually do not work for the City, I work for the ... we are a non profit organization, and while we do special projects with the City, we are actually not part of the City.

Little old lady:
I don't care about what projects you do, or what you do at your job for that matter, I only care that there is a large pile of snow in front of my driveway and I want you to come remove it. Thank you. CLICK!


I do not believe I will ever forget that conversation! Especially since I am POSITIVE she just called me again...

This time she wanted me to send someone to exterminate some pesky multi legged varmints from her basement.

SERIOUSLY!

Little old lady:
I need you to send that guy that drives around in the green and white vans to get rid of the bugs in my basement!

Me:
Which green and white van is that?

Little old lady:
I think its called ...

Me:
I can give you the phone number and you can call him!

Little old lady:
If I wanted to call him myself, I would have taken the number down yesterday when the van was in my neighborhood.

... I was stunned! I don't even remember how I ended my side of the conversation, but I do remember how she ended hers!

I bet you can guess it!


CLICK!
blog comments powered by Disqus