Monday, October 13, 2008

3 Birthdays + 3 Weeks + 3 Cakes = My rear is as wide as the mighty Mississip - alternately titled, "My ars is screaming uncle"!

Its not thanking ya'll for it yo!.

So I made a decision. I was going to start on November 1st, but instead, starting next Monday I am going to start a diet. More over, I am going to start the diet that I am supposed to already be on to save my kidney. The diet that includes cutting out dairy, red meat, and carbonation.

I have 3 goals:

1. The obvious - to save my kidney. I know I have another stone - I can feel it. So before it becomes a bigger problem and before I find myself under the "knife" for the 3rd time in a year (ok, actually for the 6th time - since I have had 5 surgeries since last November),


2. The second obvious - to reduce my pain. My fibromyalgia is getting worse. And my sofa cushions are sagging even more. So its time to get off-a-it.

3. Duh! - to look better and feel better.


The first step starts right now... I am going to saturate myself with lemonade (to prevent calcium build up in my kidney - who knew), quit the pop (which has been d.r.a.s.t.i.c.a.l.l.y. reduced since my last surgery in July - but it has been creeping back in little by little). NO MORE CHEETO's for breakfast or any other meal.


Because I have had Cancer, and dont produce calcium the way I used to, I cant go on the complete calcium elimination diet my Urologist said I need to, but I can control where the calcium comes from. So starting next week, red meat is off my menu (well, at least most of the time). I will focus more on whole grains, vegetables and fruits. I will limit my total meat intake to less than 5 servings a week (so that means most days I wont have any meat at all), which in this house is not an easy task.


The positive side of all of this... I am not a big eater. I just dont eat properly. So adding a meal or two (some days I only eat once), will actually be a nice change.


There, now that I have committed myself to a plan, I am off to frost the 3rd birthday cake in 3 weeks! And I sp'ose I will probably have a piece too...


Thank goodness all of my peeps are done with birthdays after today!
blog comments powered by Disqus