Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad kharma Friday...

Today has been riddled with the dumbest of goofy things that seem to be all some way of kharma, or something telling me I should have stayed in bed. I just have to laugh.


I didn't sleep a wink last night. And then awoke before the crack of my ass. I was foolish enough to think that I would be able to fall back to sleep after the kids went to school, but discovered my husband was home again from work which means pajama Friday is out of the question. Darn it anyway!


I let the dog out this morning and he broke his leash. Not that I noticed however until I opened the door and the little fella was no where to be found. Luckily for me, it snowed last night, is bitterly cold, and food comes only from our house. So shortly thereafter he returned.


When the snowplow went by this morning they once again decapatated our mail box. It has become an everytime we get snow thing. This is the 2nd time in just the past 3 weeks.


While trying in my ever ongoing attempt to teach Dash to "lay down", I absent mindedly left the sink in my bathroom running - thinking, hey, I will let the water run while I let the dog in so its nice and hot when I get back upstairs. Only someone over dyed my roots a few weeks back, and I forgot the sink was running. I returned to the bathroom to find my socks now wet as I walk into the room (I abhor wet socks) and my clothes and everything else on my counter (read: hairdryer, curling iron, roller dryer) soaking wet; water spilling over the edge.


I got the fumbles all straightened out and things were starting to look up for the rest of my afternoon. We ran some much needed errands. I stopped into my office to be greeted by a pleasant assistant who had nothing but good news to talk about. Jim and I returned the chairs from the club that we borrowed from my office (oh, like a month ago), and the two of us had a wonderful lunch together.


When we got home I hooked up the newly purchased leash (which I opened in the car for some reason and found it was covered in the most obnoxiously smelling oil) and grabbed the mail that was shoved in between the front door. As I was skipping down the sidewalk I found one of those patches of hidden ice and went down on my rear (or I should say knee - the same one that is still sore from the post office incident from a month ago).


All and all, it hasn't been a bad day despite all of my mishaps.


But oh how I don't love bad kharma Fridays!
blog comments powered by Disqus