Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reincarnation?

Have you ever had a conversation with someone who talks about their "previous life"? Ever wonder - really? Ever think they are making it up? Ever wonder if they really aren't? And then a few weeks, months, years later you have another conversation that is very similar, but even more detailed?


I have these conversations frequently with an important someone in my life. Conversations that I have wondered for the past 2+ years, "How can this be? That is quite the imagination"... or is it?


The conversations are with my 5 1/2 year old son. They ALWAYS start out:


Mom, when you and dad were babies...


And then it trails off into details that seem so very advanced for a 5 1/2 year old.


My religion tells me I believe in reincarnation, but you know, as in all things, I have my doubts. But today we had one of those conversations and it seriously kind of gave me chills. I asked all kinds of questions to see if the story jives with others he has been telling me since he was about 3 1/2 or 4. And interestingly, even in detail, they were almost spot on. Todays story however had a funny twist:


J: Mom, when you and dad were babies, I took my drivers test, in an RV!
Me: Really? Why an RV?
J: I dont know, it was there when I went to take the test, and I didnt have a car that day
Me: (holding back my laughter) Whose RV was it?
J: The guy who sat in the RV with me that made me park
Me: Did you run over anything in the RV?
J: No
Me: Did you pass the test?
J: I dont remember
Me: Did you have any kids when I was a baby
J: No mom, I was only 20. I didnt have kids until I was 25. Remember?
And so on and so on...


Cue Twilight Zone music, cause I am feeling a little "other dimensional'ish".
blog comments powered by Disqus