Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where oh where...

Has my little blog gone, oh where oh where can it be?


Its here. It will return.


Right now I have a lot going on, some good, some bad.


In the last week alone, I have had two deaths. I am preparing for a third. Two were wonderful Larry's. One was a mentor, one was a beloved neighbor and friend. The third is one of my dearest friends sister.


One died of Cancer, one died suddenly, and the other is losing a very long and exhausting battle with Cancer.


While I don't know Jackie very well on a personal level, she has been a business acquaintance of mine for almost 3 years. The fact that she is my friends sister has made her impending loss almost unbearable. I am watching the suffering through her eyes. They are so very close, interestingly, their relationship reminds me a lot of mine and my mothers.


I admit it, I am a girl, and I have a lot of emotions. You could make me cry by telling me about the adorable 8 legged friend you accidentally squished when you got up to pee in the middle of the night. I hate spiders, but you could make me feel sorry for him if you cared about him. So to watch someone I adore go through this horrible pain is excruciating.


I have also been planning for four rather big events. One is on Monday, one is the following Saturday, and one the following Wednesday. The last event is in July, but takes a good 6 months to prepare for. This past weeks deaths has made it even more important to me.


Some of you know about my job, and how much public work I have to do to maintain it. This is an extra. I love this event because it means so much to me personally - Relay For Life. This will be my second year as event chair, and I am getting stoked! Our kick off is next Tuesday, and while I know we will lose some teams due to the economy, we have a new team in honor of a young man who is currently overcoming brain cancer - at the age of 21. A team that is so large, here is talk of several businesses sponsoring him. I am going to propose that he be one of our honorary chairs.


So, in a nutshell, my blog will be here, however I may not be for a few weeks. Relay isn't until July, but once I get through some of these other projects and events, I will have a short breather before it kicks in old school style!


I miss and adore you all, and will read when I can! I hope everyone is well, and if you want to come visit me to make sure I am still ok, well, email me! I will send you directions!


And Pally - I have more truffles coming soon! I am doing a project (oh, add that one to my list!) for Munchie Gifts, so I will have access to muches chocolate! That means you should snag our pal Brenda and come on down a week from Saturday!
blog comments powered by Disqus