Friday, February 8, 2008

Meme!

Good Morning!

My new pal and fellow Minnesotan Heidi tagged me with a Meme today. Interestingly it fell in the heals of my "You can heal your life" post. Which is perfect.

So here goes:

The directions: Post two wish lists, 5 material wishes and 5 spiritual or more meaningful wishes. Then tag five people. Let them know that they have been tagged by posting a message to them on their blog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I have to say, I have heard of them, but was never sure of what they were, so I decided to Google it and see if it was a "real thing" or a "blog thing". While I think its a "blog thing", here is what I found:

Of course the first item that pops up is the ever popular Wikipedia (which if you didn't know this, Wikipedia is information that is supplied often times by you the viewer, but most often is pretty darn accurate) babbled on about selfishness and culture, so I got bored and moved on...

In the lower right hand corner, there was a Wiktionary definition that was made some sense, so that is the one I will go with! :)

Noun
meme (plural
memes)

Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity.
A self-propagating unit of cultural evolution having a resemblance to the gene (the unit of genetics).

The other definition could be even simpler... Meme = "Me! Me!"
I like that one!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here goes:
List 1: Material Wishes
  1. I wish that Jims work becomes more consistent so we can quit worrying about money
  2. I wish that our insurance company would start paying some of our medical bills so we can quit worrying about money
  3. I wish my friends who are trying to have babies, unsuccessfully, would get pregnant and fulfill their dreams of parenthood
  4. I wish I had an eliptical treadmill
  5. I wish Jim would win the lottery so he could get a new camper (ok, motorhome if he wins the lottery) so I dont have to hear about it any more.

List 2: Meaningful or Spiritual

  1. I wish for my family to get back into sync with the Church and a routine that included it more frequently
  2. I wish that all children in the world would know only love and affection, not abuse and abandonment
  3. I wish the world would unite in peace, in their own personal and religious beliefs, with a unified understanding and acceptance of the differences
  4. I wish for strength for those who are feeling weak, love for those who are feeling lonely, hope for those who are feeling lost, and a clear path for those who still need to find their way.
  5. I wish that when the day comes, everyone I know and love is ready to receive Him in his Glory so that we will be able to spend eternity together.

Now for the tags:
Scarlett. I know she is full of vim and vigor, but I also know that she has very deep values. I cant wait to hear about them! Esp since I know the winking hole had some wondering! (I loved it)

Cuz' Dani. She has some great insight, and well, she is my cousin, so I have to give her props! :)

Dayna. She deals with life in amazing ways, esp her life. And recently, with the loss of her friend Jerry, she found something for years she said she didn't think existed anymore. It has rounded her in ways she probably doesn't even realize. We have been friends for over 6 years, and although we don't get to talk much lately, she is always in my heart.

Hallie. I don't know her well, but any friend of my friend is a friend of mine! She is sweet, funny, caring, and has a grrrrreeeeaaattttt son who has committed his life to serving our country! And since her Shmoopy has a wish list, I think she should have one too!

Last but not least: My friend "different kind of girl". She is awesome! I wanna be her when I grow up (even though I am sure I am older than her) because she says it and lives it like it is!

Have a great day!

blog comments powered by Disqus